What's a housing permit?

For most social and mid-rent housing in The Hague, Amsterdam, Zeist, and Utrecht, you need a housing permit. In these areas, the demand for housing is much higher than the offer. By supplying housing permits, the municipality prevents housing fraud and makes sure that the housing offer is aligned with income level.

You need to apply for a housing permit directly at the municipality. A registration fee might apply. More details can be found in the property listing.

Categories: Residences