How to book
Booking your perfect home couldn’t get any easier!
Our booking process is easy, safe and entirely online, from the moment you start browsing through our offer to the moment you sign the rental contract. We aim to offer you a stress-free booking experience that can be arranged quickly and remotely from anywhere in the world. No waiting lists and no prior reservations – we keep it simple, transparent and offer equal opportunities for everyone.
Our booking process
To book your new home, you just need to follow these steps. Once you have booked a residence, you can follow the process by checking your status in your online account. You will also be notified by email. Your booking is confirmed with us from the moment your additional details have been approved. Easy, right?
Create an account
First create an account on our website. This requires an one-time administration fee of €23.50. You can register here
Select your favorite home
Browse through our offer and select the residence you want to book.
Pay the booking fee
To confirm your booking, you are required to pay a fee of €200. This fee is part of your deposit payment.
Upload relevant documents
Upload relevant documents (e.g. passport, salary slip, proof of enrolment) in your H2S account. We will check your application and we will start working on your contract.
When you have paid the booking fee and we have approved your application, you are assured to get the home. We will send the tenancy agreement to you via email.
Make the payments
To finalize the booking process, you have to pay the first month’s rent and the remaining deposit.
Make a check-in appointment
After making the payments, you can schedule a check-in appointment. You can only schedule the check-in during office hours, from Monday to Friday.
Enjoy your stay!
You can be assigned to a residence in two ways:
- Book immediately. This means that the residence is available to book directly. You don’t have to sign up for a waiting list or participate in the lottery. If you fulfil the (income) requirements and pay the required fees, the residence is yours. Be sure to check the requirements before making your booking.
- Participate in the lottery. This means that we will select a new tenant by lottery. Every Tuesday at 7 PM, newly available lottery residences are published on our website. You can sign up for your favorite before Sunday 8 PM. On Monday, a random signee is automatically selected to book. If you are selected, you will have 24 hours to accept the booking.
Everybody is welcome to book with us, but you need to meet the (income) requirements. The requirements differ per city and building, so we advice you to carefully read through the listing of the residence, before making an booking.
- Age. You have to be at least 18 years old.
- Students. If you are an (international) student, we need a copy of your passport and a current proof of enrollment of your Dutch university or university of applied sciences (hbo) to accept you as a tenant. Please note, you need to be either a full-time student, or a PhD student when your program is part-time.
- Working professionals If you are not a student (anymore), you will have to provide an income proof that you will be able to pay the rent and the additional costs for the residence.
In our short-stay residences, you can stay 3 months to 1 year maximum, with a minimum stay of 1 month. The maximum time you can stay depends on the requirements you meet. This is because of certain tax rules, which we have to comply with.
Our long term rentals! You can rent for an indefinite period, with a minimum stay of 3 to 12 months.
You can live in these residences as long as you are a student (hbo or university). We need a current proof of enrolment of your university to accept you as a tenant. If you graduate or end your studies, you have to move out within 6 months.
In several buildings, we offer apartments with additional services, such as weekly house keeping. You can stay for a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 6 months.
GOOD TO KNOW
- It is not possible book on behalf of somebody else. The person completing the booking and whose name is on the account has to be a tenant of the residence booked.
- You can only sign up for one residence per week in the lottery.
- You can use the residence’s address to register at the municipality. In fact, this is required by the municipality if you are staying in The Netherlands for more than four months.
- It is not allowed to share a residence with friends, colleagues or family apart from your own children. You can live in a residence alone or with your partner. If you have children, you can rent a family apartment.
- Is your partner moving in or moving out? It is possible to change your contract, but this requires a charging fee of €45. To change your contract, simply head over to your online account.
To confirm your booking, we ask you to make a down payment of €200, that is part of your deposit. Please read our Terms and Conditions to understand our cancellation policy.
When the booking as been approved, we ask you to pay the remainder of the deposit, to secure your responsibilities that are stated in your rental contract. If your accommodation is clean when checking out of your residence, you can show us a proof of deregistration issued by the local authorities (or proof of registration at another address), there are no outstanding rent payments, and nothing is broken or significantly damaged, your full deposit will be refunded within 28 days into your bank account.
Terms and conditions