* The photos are for representation purpose only. It is possible that a photo differ from the actual residence and is from a similar residence in the building. The correct layout of this residence is shown in the floorplans.
Ravenoord 41 Rented
Important: (Income) requirements apply when booking this residence. Please see the information below.
about this residence
RESIDENCE> More about this residence
- 6 Months
Alongside the famous De Vaartsche Rijn canal, stands tall our residential building Keramus! The residences of Keramus are modernly furnished (excl. linen). This studio has a space saving bed which can easily be transformed into a comfortable couch. This studio has a private kitchen and bathroom.
The building includes three rooftop terraces for a soothing breeze in between your studies and amazing views over the city. Our office is located inside the building, as well as a launderette, a creative common workspace, and a secured bike shed.
Keramus is ideally situated close to the city center, in the beautiful and quiet neighborhood of Tolsteeg en Rotsoord. The train station Utrecht Vaartsche Rijn can be found within a 3-minute walk. The building is in close proximity to all needed amenities, from supermarkets and restaurants to fashion stores. From this ideal location, you can easily access any part of the city by bus or tram, and even other cities across the Netherlands by train.
- University of the Arts Media (HKU) approx. 10 minutes away by bike
- 3 minutes walking distance to train station Utrecht Vaartsche Rijn
- Bus stop in front of the building
- Less than 500 meters to the closest shopping district Tolsteeg en Rotsoord
To be eligible to book this residence, you must either be a student or a working professional.
ARE YOU A STUDENT?
Then you can rent this studio with a campus contract. To be eligible to book this residence at Keramus, you must provide us with a proof of enrolment at a Dutch educational institution for the current year. You can upload this document after you have made the booking.
You can only live in the studio as long as you are a student. Every year in September, we ask you to upload your proof of enrolment (for that year) to verify your student status. If you are no longer a student, you have to move within six months. You can stay until the end of March at the latest.
ARE YOU EMPLOYED?
Then you can rent this studio for a maximum of two years with a minimum stay of 1 month. To be eligible to book, your gross monthly income (including the average bonuses, allowances and holiday payments) should be at least € 2,154.15.
After booking you need to upload your employment contract and a recent salary slip (max. 3 months old), so we can verify your income.
If you are a Dutch young professional and you do not fulfil the income requirements yet, it might be possible to be guaranteed by your parent(s). Please reach out to us to discuss your possibilities.
Are you a temporary agency worker?
If you work via an employment agency, you can only apply for this residence if you have been working for that agency for more than 78 weeks (Fase B or Fase 3). Please be aware that having a secondment contract does not guarantee that we accept your booking. We will have to evaluate your case to determine if you are eligible to book. Please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check if you can book this residence.
Do you have your own business or are you self-employed?
If you are self-employed, we need additional information to determine if you are eligible to book. Please contact us via email to check if you can book this residence.
When renting this residence, you will need to apply for a housing permit in Utrecht, because your basic rent is below €752.33. A housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) is needed to be eligible to rent in Utrecht, because the demand for housing is much higher than the offer. This is how the municipality prevents housing fraud. A registration fee might apply. You need to pay this amount directly to the municipality - this fee is not included in your all-in rent of your residence. In order to receive the permit, you need to meet the following conditions:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have the Dutch nationality, a valid passport of the EU / EEA (European Economic Area) or a valid residence permit
- Your income is not higher than €40,024 gross a year for apartments with a basic rent till €678.66
- Your income is not higher than €51,198 gross a year for apartments with a basic rent between €678.66 and €752.33
- If your (collective) annual gross income is exceeding €51,198, you can only rent a residence with a basic rent higher than €752.33